Pages

Thursday, January 4, 2018

Word Work Boggle - LOW prep! (free printables)



Happy JANUARY! We are halfway there! (Can you believe it!?)
Are you as ready as I am to get back to the grind? By that, I mean not ready at all. I love my pajamas.

But alas, we are on our way back. And now that we have been doing Daily 5 for half a year, we are desperate for some new word work options. I have seen the idea of Boggle for ages and love it. But I am notoriously bad about changing out bulletin boards. Plus, I would have kids fly through a board and finish before it was time for me to change it out.

So, I sat down to make Boggle more realistic for our classroom. Enter Mini Boggle Boards. I print, laminate, and throw them into our blue word work tubs. This way students can
* choose the board they would like to work on (there are smaller, bigger, various levels)
* change when they've exhausted a board
* get a differentiated board (for groups I want working on certain things)

As I was making them, I realized how smart it would be to include word parts that I want my kids to internalize. These would be especially good if you are a kinder/1st grade teacher teaching phonics. This gets kids moving away from making simple "sat, hat, mat" words to words that include "tion", "ing", or long vowel patterns.


I hope you can find a way to use these boards in your own classroom! The best part is I am gonna give you the ones my kids use (and love) for FREE. All I ask is that you hop over to Instagram and show some love.
You can find me on Instagram at AubreeTeaches.

OH, you want the printable?


Happy NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment